2024 Chevrolet E-Ray: official…
No, this is not the Electric Corvette we keep hearing about. The -Ray is a super powerful hybrid instead.
In fact, it is the fastest Corvette ever with a 2.5 Second 0 to 60 time. The E-Ray is also the first AWD Corvette. It also has a Stealth mode. Where it can be an EV up to 45mph.
“Stealth Mode enables all-electric driving, when selected at start-up, for a period of time before the engine turns on for normal driving. It is designed for quietly exiting a neighborhood, with a maximum speed of 45 mph. The engine automatically engages if the vehicle’s speed exceeds the limit, additional torque is requested by the driver, or the E-Ray’s battery pack is depleted.”
Additional features and technologies of the all-new E-Ray include:
- Stealth Mode, an electric drive mode for the street, up to 45 mph
- New lightweight lithium-ion 12-volt battery that supports the LT2 V-8 engine’s stop/start functionality
- Standard Brembo Carbon Ceramic brake system for optimal braking performance
- Standard Magnetic Ride Control 4.0 with three distinct suspension settings
- Staggered 20- and 21-inch wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport all-season tires. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summer tires are available with an optional performance package
- Low, wide stance with crafted body styling that is 3.6 inches wider overall than Stingray
- Visceral sound experience that embodies the car’s dominating presence. The electric front motor works in harmony with the LT2 engine to create an invigorating sound
- Enhanced roster of driver assistance technologies (shared with all 2024 Corvette models), including Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Alert and Automatic Emergency Braking.
- The 2024 Chevrolet Corvette E-Ray goes on sale in 2023, with an MSRP of $104,295 for the 1LZ coupe and $111,295 for the 1LZ convertible model, with production to take place at GM’s Bowling Green Assembly facility in Kentucky, from U.S. and globally sourced parts.