A few pictures of what could have been. In another world, just slightly different than ours…
– A design proposal for the 1970 Chevrolet Camaro. The front end does look like the real thing. The rest of the car seems like an updated take on the previous generation.
– The 1980 Mercury Anster concept.
– An early design for the Mustang 2. Which actually looks a lot like the Mistibishi Saporro from that angle.
– The 1969 Aston Martin Lagonda prototype. Only 7 of these were made between 1974 and 1976.
– A slightly different design for the 1971 Ford Mustang. ( I do like these futuristic design of the front turn signals)
Conversation 2 comments
Just as well Chevy got the handsome Monte Carlo instead of taking the Camaro in the Thunderbird direction, though that proposal might have evolved into something rather pretty (the front doesn't quite work with the back half).
The Mustang II (boredom and sporty zero) would have looked better like this, which was sorta used on a later Mustang.
I love the Camaro notchback.. had they offered this hardtop shape in addition to the 70 1/2 fastback, it would have been less of a design leap between the generations, and would have been a more convincing vehicle to carry the Berlinetta and other luxury trim levels as the Mustang hardtop had the Grande. Speaking of Mustang, that Mustang II proposal looks very Granada inspired as opposed to the Pinto/Maverick styling shapes of the production model.