Cruising Instagram: what could have been…
These are all designs that never made it into our real world. One-off oddities or design studies of possibilities never produced…
– One of the many design studies for the new Ford Bronco.
– A Pietro Frua design based on a 1976 Chevrolet Camaro.
– A design study for a Ford Escort Coupe.
– Design study for the 1960 Buick Invicta.
– Design study for a new Volga Sedan.
– What a large sedan for Mazda’s “stillborn” Amati luxury brand could have looked like.
– A weird prototype of a wagon version of the Mercedes 600.
Conversation 5 comments
That Ford Escort coupe design looks like an early design for the Ford Escort EXP. That Mazda Amati design looks like a design study for the Cadillac Catera.
Wow, I’ve never seen the 929 based Amati V8 sedan concept before, good find!
That Bronco study is from 1999 – not from the current Bronco design process.
The Mazda Caprice Classic. 😂
Vince, please keep these late Sunday posts.. I love reading them 1st thing Monday AM while sipping my espresso, a great way to start the week looking at pics of what could have been. Excellent work!